County Durham Partnership Board
The board's role is to work strategically with other organisations and partnerships to promote and develop County Durham. This is achieved through:
- Linking local plans and strategies with regional and national strategies
- Providing strategic coordination for the area to avoid duplication and maximise available resources
- Working towards the aims and ambitions as set out in the County Durham Vision 2035
- Working with thematic groups to collectively shape and steer commissioning and delivery of local services
County Durham Partnership Forum
The purpose of the forum is to allow two-way communication between board members and community representatives, to ensure that strategic decisions regarding the county as a whole are firmly linked to issues of importance to local people.
Each of the five thematic partnerships provides expertise and advice to the County Durham Partnership through a representative to the board. As well as providing advice, the representative acts as the link between the board and the thematic partnership. The five thematic partnerships take responsibility for the priorities and key objectives in the SCS and action plan.
- Altogether wealthier
- Altogether better for children and young people
- Altogether healthier
- Altogether safer
- Altogether greener
Area Action Partnerships
Area Action Partnerships (AAPs) are the mechanism through which the council and its partners work with local communities to make sure local services meet local need and that the voice of the community is heard. They focus on local actions to help partners to tackle inequalities between different areas and deliver locally agreed improvements that are important to their communities.