The Children and Families Partnership works to ensure effective services are delivered in the most efficient way to improve the lives of children, young people and families in County Durham.
The Partnership has recently undergone a review, as well as the change of name (formerly known as the Children's Trust), revised membership and working arrangements were agreed at the September 2013 meeting. It has also been agreed that there will be:
- A specific focus on early years provision.
- A specific focus on improving progression including those young people who are not in education, employment or training (NEET).
- A specific focus on looked after children through the Multi Agency Looked After Partnership (MALAP).
- A stronger relationship with education.
- A wider commissioning perspective for children and young people with special and complex needs.
- A streamlined governance approach for Think Family.
The Partnership publish the Children, Young People and Families Plan, which is the single overarching, multi-agency plan for the delivery of priorities for children and young people in County Durham. The plan sets the vision for The Children and Families Partnership including services around children and young people. A refresh of the plan is currently underway for 2014-2017.