Every adult, child and place in County Durham will be, and will feel, safe.
The Safe Durham Partnership pledges to:
- Listen, engage and work with local communities.
- Provide a responsive, consistent and coordinated approach across all agencies.
Together we will:
- Increase public confidence in services and help to make people feel safe.
- Tackle behaviour that adversely affects the environment.
- Improve the safety of victims and children who witness and experience domestic abuse and to reduce repeat incidents of domestic violence.
- Reduce the rate of re-offending of adults and young people.
- Reduce the adverse impact that drugs and alcohol have on individuals and communities.
- Reduce serious violent crime across County Durham and in priority locations.
- Improve awareness and understanding of terrorist threats and responses among partner organisations.
The Safe Durham Partnership has developed a Partnership Plan. The Plan sets out the Priority Objectives of the Safe Durham Partnership and the outcomes we want to achieve by working in partnership.